Updated: Dec 31, 2019
THE BEST SCENTED SALT DOUGH ORNAMENT RECIPE
2 cups plain flour
1 cup salt
1 cup water
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ground clove
2 tsp nutmeg
10 drops Orange essential oil (optional but it adds to the amazing smell)
HOW TO MAKE SCENTED SALT DOUGH ORNAMENTS
1. Mix the flour, salt, spices and the orange essential oil In a large bowl.
2. Then, slowly add the water until you have a workable piece of dough. You don’t want it to be gooey and sticky, so I always start with a little bit less water and add if I need more. The dough should be close to the consistency of play-dough.
3. Roll out the dough and cut out the desired shape that you want for your ornaments. If you are hanging the ornaments, you will need to use a skewer, straw or something to create the hole for your string.
HOW TO BAKE SALT DOUGH ORNAMENTS
1. Place the ornaments on a baking sheet and put in the oven at the lowest temperature possible. My oven was set to 170 degrees.
2. Bake the scented salt dough ornaments for 1 hour, then, flip them over and bake another hour.
3. Lastly, remove them from the oven and allow to cool. Then, be creative because you can leave them plain, paint them, create a garland, tie them on packages or simply use as ornaments.
Email Nikki: nikki@eoTalkRadio.com
Follow us on:
Follow Nikki on Facebook.
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
© 2019, CBD & Essential Oil Talk Radio