1. In a 4 oz spray bottle, add 10 drops of Thieves essential oil or Tea Tree essential oil.
*Thieves essential oil is a blend of cinnamon, clove, eucalyptus, rosemary and lemon essential oils. It’s very effective in cleaning and has some amazing properties in it… just google it.
Tea Tree essential oil can be used in place of Thieves because of its powerful properties as well.
2. Add 2 tbsp witch hazel or vodka.
Witch hazel or vodka is used in this recipe instead of rubbing alcohol (which is used in traditional hand cleaners but can be harsh on some peoples hands) helps to naturally disinfect hands….
3. Fill with water and shake well.
How to Make a Hand Sanitizer Gel – Step by Step
1. In a 3 oz squeezable bottle, add 1 tbsp witch hazel and 4 tbsp aloe vera gel.
2. One tablespoon fractionated coconut oil
3. Aloe vera gel and the coconut oil both nourishes and moisturizes skin, and the gel gives this recipe the consistency of a traditional hand sanitizer gel.
4. Add 10 drops of Thieves essential oil or Tea Tree essential oil.
5. Put cap on the bottle and shake well.
So I keep both of these in my purse and I mainly use the spray when I’m out and need to spray the shopping cart handle or go to a public bathroom…. Its easy to use that way. And if someone ask me if I have any hand sanitizer.. I just open up the spray and say sure, hold out your hands….
The gel is my preference to use on the hand as it is really moisturizing.